Brake line cover? Chewing Bytube

Marnes702

Hi all,

Move if in the wrong section

I’ve got steel braided brake lines. It’s starting to scuff up the bypass tube. I’ve seen them chew up and shave down bypass tubes before.

Is there a product out there to wrap it? Or simple material in Home Depot I can just zip tie on??

Any ideas appreciated.

Yep. Another cool trick is getting a spring to hold back the brake lines away from everything but it also allows the brake line to move during steering and suspension travel.

I like to use PVC around bypass tubes or reservoir hoses when rubbing is an issue. It's cheap and easily replaced when needed. It can be slotted such that it snaps in place.

I have some small rubber hose that i will be cutting slit in and sliding over the lines near the clamps to help protect it from vibrating against anything.

Heat shrink is great if you plan ahead and add it onto lines before flaring the ends. I'm going to put pieces of 1" heat shrink onto mine so I can shrink it every 6-12" along entire line.

Heat shrink is great if you plan ahead and add it onto lines before flaring the ends. I'm going to put pieces of 1" heat shrink onto mine so I can shrink it every 6-12" along entire line.

get the 4:1 stuff plenty of shrink to slide over the flare

Where do you guys source lengths/rolls of 4:1 heat shrink? I would think for the ratio 1" heat shrink would go down to 1/4" is that correct?

So i see that is 1/4" diameter unshrunk. That wouldn't fit over the tube nuts which is why i was saying to install before the nuts/flaring. Don't forget the tube nuts before flaring like most people do atleast 1 time when doing a vehicle's brake lines

This would probably fit over most flare nuts and shrinks down to11/64 at .172" Which is smaller than 3/16 at .188 so it would get tight onto the line.

Back