FatJeff’s ‘88 TC/Deaver 4Runner
@Motiracer38’s Grand Cherokee
@dose’s ‘97 linked Tacoma
@Turboyota’s Turboyota
Goldberg’s Dirt King/Deaver SilveRAYdo

Dirt miles day 1: 130
Casualties day 1: Beaumont’s steering
Turns I missed on day 1: surprisingly only 1

@GahnRacing drove down the night before the trip and FatJeff met at my house at 815AM on December 27. We all met in Indio at 9:15, topped off fuel, and hit the dirt off Dillon Rd. There are substantially more motorhomeless out there than there were a couple years ago. Gross.

We headed east on the power line road toward Pinkham Canyon(not pictured here… top left shown on the map pictured below is Pinkham canyon.)

BRADSHAW_FRIDAY.png

On the power line rd regrouping after a super cool washed out uphill rock crawl section. Weather was phenomenal.
IMG_5565.jpeg

At the turnoff to Pinkham Canyon. Goldbergs Chevy dwarfs my Toyota.
IMG_5570.jpegIMG_5567.jpegIMG_5571.jpeg

In the Pink Ham Canyon. It’s rocky, washed out, twisty, narrow, with some good technical areas in the wash section.
Hello Kelly, Patrik, and fatshadow!
IMG_5572.jpegIMG_5573.jpegIMG_5574.jpeg
After the wash portion, the trail goes through a scenic and super fun valley with rollers, bumps, fun flowy trails, and a couple jumps.
IMG_5576.jpegIMG_5578.jpegIMG_5579.jpegIMG_5580.jpeg
Goldberg’s massive truck was getting some gorgeous creosote accents on the brand new fiberglass! JennaAntenna is still making the rounds.

Pinkham canyon ends right by the Joshua Tree visitor center. We moseyed down to Chiriaco summit for fuel and addressed FatJeff’s front end shudder and wobble issue:

Well done America’s Tire, well done.
IMG_5582.jpegIMG_5584.jpeg

Next trail: Red Canyon Jeep Trail

To be continued….

Attachments

• IMG_5574.jpeg
    IMG_5574.jpeg
    656.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5575.jpeg
    IMG_5575.jpeg
    501.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5576.jpeg
    IMG_5576.jpeg
    359.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5577.jpeg
    IMG_5577.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 4
Day 1 continued:

A few miles into Red Canyon Jeep Trail Beaumont radioed that something was wonky with his steering. I had already done the 3 miles~ish of whoops, so I turned around and did them again. Patrik and I high fived a couple times because my truck was absolutely slaying the rough stuff, and the gayzer chop wasnalmost completely soaked up.

IMG_5588.jpeg
Beaumont broke the steering stabilizer mount. If we had a drill, we could have fixed it, but alas we only had a grinder, so we ratchet strapped it together and he took the highway to our camp spot.

Dusty headed back to talk shit/help
IMG_5590.jpegIMG_5585.jpeg

The remaining five trucks got moving again and enjoyed the ridge running section of Red Canyon Jeep Trail.
IMG_5594.jpeg

IMG_5597.jpeg

This should be a Total Chaos poster. Dusty’s Tacoma is prime example of exactly how a truck should be built.
IMG_5598.jpeg

The 4Skinner is also an excellent combination of utility, speed, passenger fitment, sleeping comfort, reliability, and budget.
IMG_5600.jpeg

@GahnRacing and I laughed our fucking asses off
IMG_5604.jpeg

Somewhere on Bradshaw Trail:
IMG_5605.jpegIMG_5606.jpeg

To be continued

Attachments

• IMG_5593.jpeg
    IMG_5593.jpeg
    417 KB · Views: 10
So the picture of the Wheel weight? That's real? He drove on that for how long?
Definitely for real. He had them mounted in Fontana, trip started in Yucaipa at Turbo’s. Dirt started in Indio and we address it at Chiriaco.. I’m thinking 120-150 miles?

Day 1 additions..

Leaving Rouse’sIMG_9054.jpeg
Arrival at Dillon Rd or Dixon Cider Rd.. I’m still confused.
IMG_9056.jpeg
Hitting the Power Line Rd leaving DillonIMG_9057.jpeg
Vatos LocosIMG_9060.jpeg
My favorite part about @Turboyota ’s whipIMG_9061.jpeg

Continuation of day 1

Running the ridges and canyons on Red Canyon Jeep trail. It’s a fucking fun drive with great scenery.
IMG_9080.jpegIMG_9083.jpegIMG_9084.jpeg

^^^pics from @GahnRacing

About midway thru the Bradshaw trail. Everyone maintained a nice brisk pace. I never had to wait more than a few minutes for everyone to regroup.
IMG_5612.jpeg
IMG_5618.jpeg
IMG_5617.jpeg
Made it into Palo Verde for expensive gas and refreshments, and then arrived at our campsite in the Colorado River not too long after dark.

Look at this picturesque motherfucker right here! @GahnRacing fucking HANDLED the codawg duties.
IMG_5624.jpeg

@dose is a straight fucking G
IMG_5628.jpeg

Nappy Patty
IMG_5631.jpeg

Shit talking extravaganza
IMG_5633.jpeg

Day 2!

Tools used: crescent wrench & 9/16” open end wrench.
Oil added: couple quarts
Music serenaded thru our headsets: Sublime, Wheeler Walker Jr, Allman Brothers Band, Beastie Boys

Morning was brisk and beautiful. No, @GahnRacing and I didn’t fog up the cab with adult shenanigans.
IMG_5638.jpegIMG_5643.jpegIMG_5639.jpeg

After we packed up, I started the Turboyota and Patrik noticed a substantial oil leak h der the truck. The AN-4 tee that my oil pressure sender and turbo oil feed line connect to had fatigued and cracked because it was fucking cantilevered out of the side of the block like a sumbitch.
IMG_5647.jpegIMG_5645.jpegIMG_5648.jpeg
We eliminated the oil pressure sender and screwed the oil feed line directly into the block. Note to self and all the rest of you truck prep brofessors: carry teflon tape or your preferred thread sealant.

I’m stoked that @dose’s brother was able to partake with us.
IMG_5655.jpeg
Goldberg aired up and headed North to pick up dogs and dependents, as did @Motiracer38 because his steering was wonky.
IMG_5657.jpeg

We procured overpriced supplies at Palo Verde again, and headed Soith through the Palo Verde Mountains Wilderness Area. South on Old Palo Verde Rd, then West on Milpitas Wash rd.

Pic below is on Old Palo Verde Rd
IMG_5661.jpegIMG_5663.jpeg

Awesome, we have been wanting to do this trip for a couple years and plan on doing it later this season.

I still have almost an entire day of stuff to add. Been busy, sorry gents!

Map of early day 2:

The circled area of the purple route is Old Palo Verde rd. It was a beautiful, technical, and fun trail.
IMG_6054.jpeg

Your trip reports are awesome. I'm like an 8 hour drive to that part of California these days and I'm living vicariously through these. Thanks for posting them!

Back