baja 500

charlie brown

who is going and doing what. racing, chasing, or fun run like i love to do.
its one of my favorite races. prerunning the beach i the best. coyote cals,

I had planned on going. Was going to Co-drive but I had to back out unfortunately. It sounded hot and miserable... but would have made for a good story! haha Hopefully I'll be at the 1000.

i think running the beach area is getting harder. so many farmers. the grapes and wineries. the dust is not good for them. all the prerunning dust, regulars beach goers/surfers, offroad tours, golf cart tours plus the race is making it more difficult.

alot of northen baja is getting more that way. i think the large group of rapturs/golf carts are accelerating things.

i think running the beach area is getting harder. so many farmers. the grapes and wineries. the dust is not good for them. all the prerunning dust, regulars beach goers/surfers, offroad tours, golf cart tours plus the race is making it more difficult.

alot of northen baja is getting more that way. i think the large group of rapturs/golf carts are accelerating things.
That makes a lot of sense. Seems like the Raptor Groups are getting huge.

Yup all the UTVs and raptor people ruining it for the real OG's! Bums me out! ANd I hate they keep trying to "grow" off-road...I like it small.

Wish it wasn't going to be so hot.. I'd love to just cruise down there and watch for once. Hoping I can make the 1000 happen.

Wish it wasn't going to be so hot.. I'd love to just cruise down there and watch for once. Hoping I can make the 1000 happen.
Shoulda gone down and watched that’s all I did this year. I was worried it would be 120° like it was in 2015 but it wasn’t. Weather was awesome all day! I cruised down in the girlfriends Corolla to save a few hundred bucks on gas and still got everywhere I had planned on going.

Shoulda gone down and watched that’s all I did this year. I was worried it would be 120° like it was in 2015 but it wasn’t. Weather was awesome all day! I cruised down in the girlfriends Corolla to save a few hundred bucks on gas and still got everywhere I had planned on going.
Exactly what I was worries about... Mainly because I would have had my 2 year old with me and probably not the best parenting to go down there when it's super hot. I for sure have plans to go down for the 1000 whether I'm racing or not though.

That Airbnb you got looked rad. Was it expensive?

Exactly what I was worries about... Mainly because I would have had my 2 year old with me and probably not the best parenting to go down there when it's super hot. I for sure have plans to go down for the 1000 whether I'm racing or not though.

That Airbnb you got looked rad. Was it expensive?
$94/night. Super worth it. I even stayed an extra day. The owner also lives on the property. She owns the whole compound and the fancy seafood restaurant which I definitely recommend it’s called Ophelia’s as well as the coffee shop that’s there too. Super nice American lady. And it’s across the street from good ol trailer tacos and a big Calimax grocery store. I’ll probably book the same place for the 400 if I go. And for sure the 1000

$94/night. Super worth it. I even stayed an extra day. The owner also lives on the property. She owns the whole compound and the fancy seafood restaurant which I definitely recommend it’s called Ophelia’s as well as the coffee shop that’s there too. Super nice American lady. And it’s across the street from good ol trailer tacos and a big Calimax grocery store. I’ll probably book the same place for the 400 if I go. And for sure the 1000
That's a really good price for a race weekend!

Going to have to get that info for the next trip we take down there.

Back