Bad Lines in Baja - spring 2023

DesertGoat

I'm looking forward to the end of a crazy launch campaign at work and looking ahead to some good times in the new year.
A few folks here have mentioned wanting to go to Baja... so here we go.
Let me offer up my experience with trip planning & let's make it happen!

It's plenty far away so no need to lock in commitments yet but first order of biz is gonna be getting dates sorted out.
I can do any length of trip but let's maybe stick to an easy baja Norte trip for now - ballpark 4 days

If you're interested, actions:
- Reply back with a few date ranges that can work for you.
- if it won't be obvious to me, please include the rig you'd be planning to bring (helps me with routes)
- include how many heads need beds, estimates okay (for hotel ballparking)

If you've got questions about Baja in general before committing - feel free to shoot me a PM or just post up. I'll do my best to answer everything
I've been going to Baja since I was old enough to have memories & I've been offroading there for >10 years now too.

Memorial weekend is pre-run for the Baja 500 and you can run parts of it and have a fun day in San Felipe then finish off back to Ensenada?

Attachments

• IMG_4327.JPG
    IMG_4327.JPG
    451.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_2567.JPG
    100_2567.JPG
    281.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_2648.JPG
    100_2648.JPG
    269.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_2680.JPG
    100_2680.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 16
I'm down. Just need to make sure whatever dates are planned don't get intertwined with work events.

They don't have an event schedule made up yet so I can't even start to suggest anything.

Most likely would be taking my 1994 Ford ranger 4x4 "Prelander". Truck would not have AC so the 500 may be a little spicy!

We'll be down in San Flippy for the 250. Pretty much any week/weekend before or after that (preferably a couple of weeks before/after the 250 so I can put eyes on the horunner) works for me. The more notice I can give to my employer the better.
Ill be in an 89 4runner with a TC kit and deavers. Probably have 2 people total. Beds not totally necessary, I like camping too.
its alive2.jpg

Last edited:
We'll be down in San Flippy for the 250. Pretty much any week/weekend after that (preferably a couple of weeks after the 250 so I can put eyes on the horunner) works for me. The more notice I can give to my employer the better.
Ill be in an 89 4runner with a TC kit and deavers.
View attachment 5217
oh dang... Do I try to bring my shit box down there so we can be twins? Mouse is a little better equipped to karate chopping whoops though.

For what it's worth I'd be in my raptor so slow-rigs are pretty welcome.
I've heard mention a few times of folks being there for the san felipe 250, that's 3/30-4/3

@theycallmeWALLY are you trying to schedule this away from that weekend like desert_steve or do you want it to overlap?

Only problem with the 250 and that weekend is it's the Dad Trip we're planning... So it'd have to be planned on another week/weekend hopefully 3 weeks or so between that time period.

Too much sheet going on these days unfortunately.

Smelling more like a may trip...
memorial day, 2023?
5/27-5/30 (sat - tues)

if you come on this trip i'll tell you the story of why I never cross on holiday mondays anymore.
but the punch line is: 11 hours.

Smelling more like a may trip...
memorial day, 2023?
5/27-5/30 (sat - tues)

if you come on this trip i'll tell you the story of why I never cross on holiday mondays anymore.
but the punch line is: 11 hours.
We were down in San Flippy last memorial day weekend and it was H-O-T.

Ive got a border patrol interview in March to get my Sentri pass so that I wont have to sit in that bullshit line anymore haha.

I'm currently selling everything I own so I can leave CA, but am very interested in this. Probably will have something together by the time this rolls around.

Laguna Salada down to SF is a pretty solid day run and easy to get to. Doesnt get rough till you start getting towards SF. Its pretty much how EXO starts a majority of their runs. I might even have a map in my GPS still. stay the night in town SF

Then a run through matomi wash (not if its hot) and back up to Percebu for bowling and camping on the beach

if we need an extra day we could fuck around on the pole line road and see who has the biggest stones through those monsters

I'd be in for a baja run for sure. Gotta get my pile reliable again but should be ready by April/May timeframe. Might even bring the wife.

That would be a cool trip for sure. I want to get more dirt miles on my truck before I commit to make sure it's solid. Memorial day weekend doesn't work for me, though.

Back