98+ Ranger cage

2000sprerunner

anybody have any experience with the Solo or T.E designs precut cages? I'm sure they are both good products, just looking for any first-hand experience if anybody has put one together.

anybody have any experience with the Solo or T.E designs precut cages? I'm sure they are both good products, just looking for any first-hand experience if anybody has put one together.
Don't have any feed back now. But my kid ordered the Solo cage kit for his Ranger and is having @the_fablab_ install it in a month or so.
But there should be some fabricators on here that have put them in.
There is a kid on Instagram (BOBBYDRICE) that had someone put in the T.E. Design cage back in 2021. He mentioned "Having to redo plenty of tubes and improvise here and there". But that was back in 2021 so made things have improved since then.

Don't have any feed back now. But my kid ordered the Solo cage kit for his Ranger and is having @the_fablab_ install it in a month or so.
But there should be some fabricators on here that have put them in.
There is a kid on Instagram (BOBBYDRICE) that had someone put in the T.E. Design cage back in 2021. He mentioned "Having to redo plenty of tubes and improvise here and there". But that was back in 2021 so made things have improved since then.

I built the backhalf on Bobby's truck and asked him about the cage. He said BTF did the install, and I think he said it was an early cage that needed some work to get fitting properly. I'm not sure if they've since made adjustments, but it was a few years ago when I talked to him about it.

That said, I have installed a Solo cage in a bronco years ago and the instructions were terrible. I didn't do a great job (basically working alone for the whole thing) getting it fit in and squared up, so I ended up having to grind stuff to make fit and redo a couple small tubes. However, I welded a Solo cage that @the_fablab_ fit and tacked in place, and it was much better.

I built the backhalf on Bobby's truck and asked him about the cage. He said BTF did the install, and I think he said it was an early cage that needed some work to get fitting properly. I'm not sure if they've since made adjustments, but it was a few years ago when I talked to him about it.

That said, I have installed a Solo cage in a bronco years ago and the instructions were terrible. I didn't do a great job (basically working alone for the whole thing) getting it fit in and squared up, so I ended up having to grind stuff to make fit and redo a couple small tubes. However, I welded a Solo cage that @the_fablab_ fit and tacked in place, and it was much better.
Bobby's truck rules. I remember seeing that you did the back half with the Link Killer kit. Wasn't sure about the interior cage though.

I’ve installed a couple solo kits. They’re pretty good. Definitely do require cutting a lot of the inner sheet metal out, not sure about the TE designs cage.

Friend installed a solo cage, came out pretty good actually. Like said above you do have to cut out sheet metal bracing in the cab, but that makes for a better fit.

Back