'67 Scout 800 Crawler

LScout800

Started this build a few years ago, my dad got this old postal scout for free in the early 2000's. It had been in a few wrecks, and the PO had ripped all the old drivetrain out of it with plans to drop in a small block and make it a drag car. Since it was already beat up, missing most of its parts, and was made from what appeared to be three different scouts I started cutting it up my senior year of high school. It is a fun rig that I beat on up in big bear and out in Johnson Valley, and was built by a poor high school/college kid in his dad's garage out of junkyard parts.20240504_095751.jpg
20231215_111212.jpg
Specs:
  • 2003 5.3 out of a suburban.
  • NV3500, I cut the back of the housing and shortened it about 4 inches.
  • NP241C doubler made with some steel plates and a NWF ecobox shaft.
  • NP241C T-case with Tom Woods SYE.
  • OBS ball joint 60 narrowed to 65 inches with high steer and a torx locker, 4.10s.
  • C&C 14 bolt with a welded diff, 4.10s.
  • 37x12.50r17 Falken M/Ts on H2 rims.
  • Radius arm front/trailing arm rear with FOA coil overs.
I started working on this thing when I was about 17 and the plan progressed from a simple leaf sprung rig with dana 44s and 35s to a linked crawler on tons. Thing is a lot of fun, but still needs a lot of work. I learned to fab on this thing so some of the work is pretty ugly (but holding up to a lot of abuse), plus the IH frames are pretty shit to begin with, so I am planning on completely redoing it in a few years.

Back