56 f100 build Thread

Got the new blueprint 383 stroker motor in last week, so started the swap. Pulled old motor and sold it, and got the new motor a 700r4 trans in, now working on all the small accessories and replacing steering box and steering shaft.

Attachments

• 31EC8F47-5059-45CA-9B8C-4EC73E5AD0EB.jpeg
    31EC8F47-5059-45CA-9B8C-4EC73E5AD0EB.jpeg
    452.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 3D7DE33A-0A64-4757-A518-AD954790EE07.jpeg
    3D7DE33A-0A64-4757-A518-AD954790EE07.jpeg
    454.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 863C8819-8D55-40DA-9D26-43ABA459F1F7.jpeg
    863C8819-8D55-40DA-9D26-43ABA459F1F7.jpeg
    458.8 KB · Views: 7
Nice truck! My dad always had one growing up before they were big money. Mostly 53s and 55s but he had one 54 and a 56 panel. I inherited the probably the worst one he ever owned. Total Frankenstein almost completely built from leftover and trash parts that wouldn't sell at the swapmeet. It was on some hacked together chassis basically the stock frame laid on top of a 70s cougar or ranchero frame. I ditched that and started unfucking the rest but is been on the backburner a few years since I bought a money pit of a house. There are some pretty good groups on fb if you're on there but most of them still throw a shit fit about an f100 with a chevy motor.

Nice truck! My dad always had one growing up before they were big money. Mostly 53s and 55s but he had one 54 and a 56 panel. I inherited the probably the worst one he ever owned. Total Frankenstein almost completely built from leftover and trash parts that wouldn't sell at the swapmeet. It was on some hacked together chassis basically the stock frame laid on top of a 70s cougar or ranchero frame. I ditched that and started unfucking the rest but is been on the backburner a few years since I bought a money pit of a house. There are some pretty good groups on fb if you're on there but most of them still throw a shit fit about an f100 with a chevy motor.
i love when peoples panties get in a bunch... i have learned these trucks are like art... all of them are different and everyone likes them how they like them. At first i was concerned about chevy power plant, but then its like who cares as long as its fun to drive. Now i really dont care as i hate stock restored vehicles, and I am not building a 100k show piece. I just want something loud, fast and cool

It's the best type of ford. Built for tough with chevy stuff, except rear-end and mustang 2 front suspension that ford got right.

i love when peoples panties get in a bunch... i have learned these trucks are like art... all of them are different and everyone likes them how they like them. At first i was concerned about chevy power plant, but then its like who cares as long as its fun to drive. Now i really dont care as i hate stock restored vehicles, and I am not building a 100k show piece. I just want something loud, fast and cool
Exactly. Im a ford guy for sure but the best truck is the one that runs and is fun. Going to car shows when I was a kid almost everything had an sbc I don't know why its such a shock to anyone. Mine will probably get a warmed over 5.3 and I'm looking for a chrome 54 grille both would piss my dad off:ROFLMAO:

Back