2005 F150 + Raptor coil overs = ?

Oh4Tahoe

What has to be done to put Raptor front coilovers on a 2005 F150 4x4.

Gen 1 or Gen 2, can you use either?

Ended up with a new DD and it has Raptor rear shocks, my weird brain would love if the front and rear matched

I've been trying to convince my buddy with a 2015 F150 to buy some of my take off parts as I upgrade my Waptuh. So I have done some research on the topic for newer F150's, but hadn't looked into the older generations as much. I thought 04-14 they were pretty much identical. But after some research I found there are some annoying differences with the suspension on older models and I don't think it would be a very simple swap.

I went on Fox's website and looked at the specs on their OE replacement Waptuh Shock and then what they had listed as an OE replacement for a 2005 F150

Waptuh Shock Specs:
Extended height ~ 27.97"
Compressed height ~ 20.44"

05 F150 Shock Specs:
Extended height ~ 21.99"
Compressed height ~ 16.6"

So throwing a coilover in that much longer than stock with no other mods would really mess up your suspension geometry. I was going to recommend getting Waptuh upper and lower control arms and CV axles. But the CV axles are not interchangeable so you would need to make custom CVs. And one thread I read mentioned that the lower control arm mounts were different but that guy was waptuh swapping a 2wd 04 F150 so idk if that is also true for 4x4s.

I think best bang for your buck is probably just getting the Fox Shock meant for your truck. They have a 2.0 Coilover for 04-08 4x4 F150s for only $550. That would be a hassle free option.

Butttt if you really want to try stock Waptuh coilovers I will have mine off the truck shortly and be looking to sell them. They have upgraded Eibach springs and were rebuilt last season

I've been trying to convince my buddy with a 2015 F150 to buy some of my take off parts as I upgrade my Waptuh. So I have done some research on the topic for newer F150's, but hadn't looked into the older generations as much. I thought 04-14 they were pretty much identical. But after some research I found there are some annoying differences with the suspension on older models and I don't think it would be a very simple swap.

I went on Fox's website and looked at the specs on their OE replacement Waptuh Shock and then what they had listed as an OE replacement for a 2005 F150

Waptuh Shock Specs:
Extended height ~ 27.97"
Compressed height ~ 20.44"

05 F150 Shock Specs:
Extended height ~ 21.99"
Compressed height ~ 16.6"

So throwing a coilover in that much longer than stock with no other mods would really mess up your suspension geometry. I was going to recommend getting Waptuh upper and lower control arms and CV axles. But the CV axles are not interchangeable so you would need to make custom CVs. And one thread I read mentioned that the lower control arm mounts were different but that guy was waptuh swapping a 2wd 04 F150 so idk if that is also true for 4x4s.

I think best bang for your buck is probably just getting the Fox Shock meant for your truck. They have a 2.0 Coilover for 04-08 4x4 F150s for only $550. That would be a hassle free option.

Butttt if you really want to try stock Waptuh coilovers I will have mine off the truck shortly and be looking to sell them. They have upgraded Eibach springs and were rebuilt last season
Yea, was afraid of that, my quick google research determined that they were longer. Was thinking that the fox replacements were probably the best bet. Gonna be a DD , so gonna keep it pretty mild. Thought maybe there was some F150 magic where I could just throw them on bing bang done

Back