1988 Lance Squire 9.4

^faaaaaaaa sho.
the biggest trip of the year I do is always at new years in Johnson Valley with my old college buddies. so that's usually 3-5 days of JV drinking not enough water. We used to do that in tents when our immune systems were 20something years old and the recovery wasn't so bad... nowadays sucking down all that dust mixed in with coors latte's and pacificos and eating like zero vegetables for multiple days with lots of sun exposure is just... not gonna cut it anymore.

i get a trailer delivered to the desert now for that trip :ROFLMAO:
this is me to a T. I am the biggest princess now. Love me a good trailer. I only tent camp once a year and i go kicking and screeaming. lol

Wife finally came home (she's gone for 1 month at a time) so I had a little free time after work.

I had been planning on burning in the grain on the counter top so I went after it.

I went a little heavy in a few spots. First time doing something like this.

I hit it with a palm sander to try and smooth it out. Any tips to help smooth out the darkness in some sports? Wood is Oak Plywood from Lowes.

It's going to get a stain soon.

1667574739236.png

Here's a little before and after on what the wood looked like.

This piece of wood will be the wall to the closet area. I may cut up another piece because you can obviously see the different grains since it's a plywood.

1667575035521.png

1667575045362.png

Burning the wood always looks good. Also If you find a piece of plywood you like the grain on. Have home depot/lowes guys cut it on their track saw. That's what I've always done when using burnt wood for backer on signs. Also I burn it more than you did and then use 4-0 steel wool to buff it back and get rid of any ash on it, then I stain it with some wood stain before varnishing it for durability. I need to make a camper of some kind for my truck, just need a bed, sink and bathroom.

Thanks dude.

I hit it with 120 grit on the palm sander. Didn't read your message about the steel wool until after I had put a finish on it. Here's how it came out after a finish and some varnish.

The second piece (square in the background) I hadn't sanded prior to staining. It did not turn out nearly as well as the counter. So going to scrap that piece and re-do.

1667836086359.png

1667836156601.png

Back