1978 F150 abandoned to Hopefully 4x4 conversion

95_Bluwhale

Hey guys got myself a new project so I stop spending so much money on my bronco that’s how that’s stuff works right anyways we’ve had this F150 for 4 generations from my great grandparents and now to myself after it’s been sitting for about 20 years and I’ve only know this truck from my grand parents house in Ridgecrest where it sat for my whole life as the one thing not to shoot with our paintball guns when we visited.(We never shot it)
Resized_Resized_20231005_231737.jpeg
Anyways it was my dads work truck until he got a new truck and gave it back to my grandpa to use and that’s where the story kind of ends for the truck just sitting in the Ridgecrest area out in the sun where rats took over the engine bay and his wild house cat took over the bed until he got it tame enough to get it inside the house. After both grandparents passed we were given the truck since it was my dads before and so we trailered it home and parked it in the side of the house where I almost started the build but was looking into a wrecked coyote f150 to swap into the truck like a resto mod but when checking around shops to find front suspension kits I talked to the guys at solo and they pretty much got me into a bronco that took all my money.
IMG_0926.jpeg
IMG_0924.jpeg
So now I’m being pushed by my wife to build it since she found out a first gen bronco is out of our league for affordability but I got permission from my dad to build it into non cut up 4x4 simple right? Well for custom it would be but to try and make it as clean and as little cutting as possible is going to be tricky but first I need to get it cleaned enough so I’m not working in rat shit and a half deteriorated snake
IMG_0199.jpeg
After a day I got little cleaned but enough to see all the wiring is actually in tact and the rats left everything pretty much untouched other than their bedding area where there’s so much random stuff and their shit all over the motor.
IMG_0200.jpeg
Today I decided not to do all the things I was told in my first post and decided let’s try and turn the motor over so after some pounding on the solenoid we started getting some sparks but nothing to start cranking and turning the motor over we thought it was seized at this point and about to go inside but I was like let me try the key rather than jumping the solenoid so first attempt with the key it turned over and we realized we had a can in f ether from like 2000 sitting in the corner so we shot some in it and it fired up a few times and idled for a total of 5 seconds before dying and we killed my battery but a little shopping list is being sorted to collect some parts so I’ll have to be back with some more updates later anyways

Back