The RSP Family Wagon

I finally build a new exhaust system after finding my headers to have a pretty nasty cracking issue. I took one out of the @Giant Geoff advise book and put my stock exhaust manifolds back on, when I found the cracked header, I heard Geoff in my head and then said out load "WWGD" 😂

So called up my buddy Brian and got a Black Widow muffler and had BTM Jack rough cut a flange for me and that I then formed an off the shelf 2-1/2" to 3" reducer to fit as the start to the new setup. The cat is a magnaflow full flow cat I've had like 20 years lol it got used for about 2 years on my old ranger before cutting it up. It and the flex joint (new) have been sitting in a cabinet for 17+ years lol I guess it pays off to be a hoarder sometimes. Pretty happy whit the whole setup, hoping the rain stops so I can hear how it sounds this evening.

ex2.jpgex3.jpgex7.jpg

Attachments

• ex5.jpg
    ex5.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 15
  • ex4.jpg
    ex4.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 15
I finally build a new exhaust system after finding my headers to have a pretty nasty cracking issue. I took one out of the @Giant Geoff advise book and put my stock exhaust manifolds back on, when I found the cracked header, I heard Geoff in my head and then said out load "WWGD" 😂

So called up my buddy Brian and got a Black Widow muffler and had BTM Jack rough cut a flange for me and that I then formed an off the shelf 2-1/2" to 3" reducer to fit as the start to the new setup. The cat is a magnaflow full flow cat I've had like 20 years lol it got used for about 2 years on my old ranger before cutting it up. It and the flex joint (new) have been sitting in a cabinet for 17+ years lol I guess it pays off to be a hoarder sometimes. Pretty happy whit the whole setup, hoping the rain stops so I can hear how it sounds this evening.
i need one of those @jackbenttube flange and 3"-2.5".

nice work. will you be out at KOH?

i need one of those @jackbenttube flange and 3"-2.5".

nice work. will you be out at KOH?
Planning to head out tomorrow late afternoon after the boys baseball games, staying at Camp Kyle.

Still debating putting on the new power steering setup that you hooked me up with the adapter for. Not sure that's a good idea for this evening or not lol

Finally picked up a 2011 trans yesterday, should be back together very soon! Next up (besides the creature comforts) will be figuring out the front axles, need to get educated lol
Have you swapped to the newer 4.0 SOHC or do the newer M5R1s still bolt up to the older 4.0 OHVs?

Curious as I currently have a 92 expo with the A4LD and have been thinking I'd like to manual swap it when it inevitably dies. Just wondering how big of a donor year range I should be looking at

Have you swapped to the newer 4.0 SOHC or do the newer M5R1s still bolt up to the older 4.0 OHVs?

Curious as I currently have a 92 expo with the A4LD and have been thinking I'd like to manual swap it when it inevitably dies. Just wondering how big of a donor year range I should be looking at
They still bolt up, there is just an extra bolt hole for the SOHC that does not get used. You use clutch and slave cylinder from your original year.

Back