The Little Red AMC Express

GooseGoesFast

Figured I should start a build thread. Need to document my journey somewhere.

Hi Yall, I'm Sam, and this is my 1996 Jeep Cherokee. I bought it back in January of 23 and have been slowly modding it since. Heres the super abridged version.
Its a base model 4x4 5 speed with the 4.0. Crank windows, manual locks, basic instrument cluster with no tachometer and idiot lights. Started out by throwing on aluminum mesh wheels to replace the stock steelies, and found some cheapo 29s to go on. New fog lights and a roof basket completed this "first phase". The light bar was there when I bought it.
IMG_1155.jpeg

Next I decided to collect some chrome goodies, so on went a chrome grille and mirrors. Also managed to find Wagoneer tail lights and a full instrument cluster. Also did my first big project when my throw-out bearing went out, so a new clutch was also in order.
STU_2714.jpeg

Found a chrome 10 slot grille and Hella 500s to throw on. Took this picture out wheeling on a local trail with the Backcountry4WD guys.
IMG_2308.jpeg

Next came the first BIG mod for me, a 3 inch lift by rough country. Got it for an absolutely screaming deal, and bought new Mickey Thompson Baja Legend MTZs in a 31x10.50R15 size to go along with. The Jeep was ready for adventure, and just months later I did the Oregon BDR from Denio, NV to Bend, OR. The new tires kicked ass out there.
IMG_2696.jpeg

Been rocking around in this configuration for a while, just doing minor things while putting my money into other projects or aside for living expenses. Doesn't mean I haven't been wheeling though!

crawlin-62.jpeg

And that's how it sits as of today. Hopefully some big things coming. I have finally been able to allocate some money for the thing. Thanks for tuning in!

Back