Spring compressor?

Wyatt_cato

What are you guys using as spring compressors on heavy weight springs? Can’t seem to find one online that I really like and if I do it’s a thousand dollars. Anyone out there have a good DIY or one they know of and trust? Thanks in advance!

I have 2 of the same style as blue oval posted.

I really like them since i've used them when installing coil spring spacers on front of trucks and I just compress the spring to remove it and reinstall with spacer on top. No need to unbolt track bar sway bar links etc so saved time paid for the kit for myself. I've used it to compress 700lb springs on 2.5 coilovers without any issue

I'm fortunate enough to have this bad boy available 24/7. I'm trying to convince the boss to upgrade to the 7600 so I can take this one home lol.
I've seen them around $800 on amazon. Not practical for the average hobbyist but for someone working on shocks every day this thing is worth every penny.

I have 2 pairs of the ones Bodj posted. I hardly use them having the Branick readily available.

Honestly, i have better luck using a pair or heavy duty ratchet straps and a bench vise. It's only sketchy sometimes lol.

Yeah I want a branik but can't justify the cost for how often I would use it.

Back