MT Rock Crawling

brokentacoma

Hey all,

My name is Porter, I'm a student at Montana State University in Bozeman, Montana and an avid fabricator and wheeler. I grew up in northern California and got the off-road itch as a little kid going to CAL4WHEEL & TLCA events on the Rubicon and Fordyce with my dad in our 1984 FJ60. Since then I've been committed to gaining the skills needed to build my own trucks, which has led me to MSU's trade school for CNC machining and welding. I just started my last year of school and hope to launch into the off-road racing world after that. Since moving up to MT for school, I've joined two four wheeling clubs and met some awesome like-minded people, soon enough we'll have a group of serious home-built crawlers to run around the mountain west with, definitely a dream come true. A few years ago I bought a 1997 F-250HD CCSB with TTB that I was planning on turning into sort of a trail running truck with new suspension and gears, but life has reoriented since then and I am now building it into the tow pig. I swapped a supercharged 5.3 vortec with 4L60E and Atlas 2 into it, getting rid of the 350,000 mile 460 BB and E4OD. Looking into a 4L80E or 6L80E swap in the near future as I'll have a 4L80E in my hands soon from another project that I can install or trade up, any advice on that would be aweomse. Maybe sometime down the road I'll pick up another OBS for a Nick Isenhouer-style build, but I'm enjoying running low and slow. Anyways, thought I'd post up here after just making an account, I'll include some beauty shots as well. Glad to be here!

Attachments

• untitled-1241.jpeg
    untitled-1241.jpeg
    546.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1906.jpg
    IMG_1906.jpg
    792.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2178.jpg
    IMG_2178.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5340.JPG
    IMG_5340.JPG
    486.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2443.jpg
    IMG_2443.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1958.JPG
    IMG_1958.JPG
    257 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2497.jpg
    IMG_2497.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 4
Hey all,

My name is Porter, I'm a student at Montana State University in Bozeman, Montana and an avid fabricator and wheeler. I grew up in northern California and got the off-road itch as a little kid going to CAL4WHEEL & TLCA events on the Rubicon and Fordyce with my dad in our 1984 FJ60. Since then I've been committed to gaining the skills needed to build my own trucks, which has led me to MSU's trade school for CNC machining and welding. I just started my last year of school and hope to launch into the off-road racing world after that. Since moving up to MT for school, I've joined two four wheeling clubs and met some awesome like-minded people, soon enough we'll have a group of serious home-built crawlers to run around the mountain west with, definitely a dream come true. A few years ago I bought a 1997 F-250HD CCSB with TTB that I was planning on turning into sort of a trail running truck with new suspension and gears, but life has reoriented since then and I am now building it into the tow pig. I swapped a supercharged 5.3 vortec with 4L60E and Atlas 2 into it, getting rid of the 350,000 mile 460 BB and E4OD. Looking into a 4L80E or 6L80E swap in the near future as I'll have a 4L80E in my hands soon from another project that I can install or trade up, any advice on that would be aweomse. Maybe sometime down the road I'll pick up another OBS for a Nick Isenhouer-style build, but I'm enjoying running low and slow. Anyways, thought I'd post up here after just making an account, I'll include some beauty shots as well. Glad to be here!
Welcome Dude! I bet there is no shortage of epic trails up there for wheeling!

Back