Lake Havasu OHV Clean up

yota.mob

I'll start off with my Name is Nathan and I live out in Lake Havasu City, AZ. Me and a group of others are constantly cleaning up and disposing of dumped appliances(not easy since not many places to take them besides the dump)

So we are looking to start an Annual end of wheeling season clean up just after Easter to go out and start the cleaning up of our local frequented wheeling trail heads we all come to know and love. Unfortunately those same places are easily accessible by others that tend to use it to dump their trash, appliances, and even abandoned vehicles. that ultimately get torched, shot, and/or vandalized, making to difficult to remove.

So the idea is we are working to get together a poker run style run of a few local OHV trailheads/trails that has dirt and pavement access depending on how you want to travel from spot to spot. With a dump trailer/dumpster to unload the trash and get a poker card or sticker something to collect along the way to show how many check points you've hit with a get together event at the end at a local business that we are working with to sponsor the event.

this is a whole new concept to us over here trying to tackle such a huge issue, but we know that it is possible and there is people willing to help.

You can reach me on here or Instagram @yota.mob for both accounts.

Also Dalton my buddy with the Idea can be reached on Instagram at @dezert_prick

Did some stalking on your insta and realized I've seen your truck rolling around Havasu a few times! I also saw you running up Chocolate Thunder at KOH this year but didn't realize it was the same truck I'd been seeing around town haha.

Definitely agree we need some clean ups locally! Keep me posted.

Thanks for the email guys. Anything we can do to help let us know. Stoked to see more people getting into this arena.

we will have to meet up next time we go out there. its to long of a drive for the ranger right now so usually when we go the wife and I cruise around in this or my dad is driving it in the evenings around town. I put some clean-dezert stickers in it for him to pass out to people this past weekend if you see him say what's up. there are tons of companies out there that I have talked to that want to be involved in stuff like this. Just a few, Morgan motorsports, Robby Gordon, Sarah price, dcshock-service are all companies to talk to for sponsors.

Attachments

• st.jpg
    st.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 7
we will have to meet up next time we go out there. its to long of a drive for the ranger right now so usually when we go the wife and I cruise around in this or my dad is driving it in the evenings around town. I put some clean-dezert stickers in it for him to pass out to people this past weekend if you see him say what's up. there are tons of companies out there that I have talked to that want to be involved in stuff like this. Just a few, Morgan motorsports, Robby Gordon, Sarah price, dcshock-service are all companies to talk to for sponsors.
Yeah indeed man. We are totally interested in getting this rolling instead of just talking about it. Especially on those big holiday weekends, these trails just get trashed and then we're left with the mess to clean up.

Awesome to hear that there is already potential sponsors for this!

Thanks for the email guys. Anything we can do to help let us know. Stoked to see more people getting into this arena.
of course man! We will have to get some things figured out. I honestly just started hitting up everyone I knew that would be willing to help haha

Update:

one of the reps from Tread Lightly reached back out today to inform us that they are interested in collaborating on a Desert Clean up. We will start involving them as we progress through this project. Again, if anyone has any ideas or willing to work with us on this project. We are more than open to talk!

We can be reached on insta @yota.mob or @dezert_prick or one here as well.

I'll go add your Insta. I'd love to partake in a clean up there, I'm looking for any excuse to get out there... i've been looking to relocate to Havasu for quite some time now as it is just waiting for the timing to work out

I'll go add your Insta. I'd love to partake in a clean up there, I'm looking for any excuse to get out there... i've been looking to relocate to Havasu for quite some time now as it is just waiting for the timing to work out
Well now is the time to get settled in before the heat hits baha. Plus spring break is about to start too if you're into that kind of thing

Well unfortunately due to response rate of the agencies we were reaching out to. We decided it was in best interest to push out and keep reaching out to those needed to make this happen but now we're shooting for a start of wheeling season clean up like around the end of summer possibly fall time. So we can have the opportunity to make this solid instead of some haphazard fever dream. We haven't given up. Just recollecting and trying to make sure this isn't going fall on its face.

Back