Sold For Sale: 2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4x4 5.7L Hemi

Sold Item. She Gone!

zachwabbit

I think the time has finally come to let this thing go and get something a little more reasonable for my commute. Like the title says it’s a 2006 Jeep Commander, Limited trim, with fulltime 4wd and the 5.7L Hemi/545RFE auto. Has the very desirable Quadra-Drive II full time 4x4 system with electronic limited slips in both axles and 3.73 gears. Clean title, passes smog no problem, currently registered. Bought in 2010 from Midway Jeep Chrysler in San Diego with 52k miles by my parents, and I bought it from them about a year or so ago. Currently has about 303k miles and counting since it gets driven on a regular basis. Engine was replaced at dealer around 140k-ish? Can’t find the paperwork but I know it was done cuz I remember the engine blowing up when I was younger and it being towed to the dealer and gone for weeks. I know that’s probably not super reassuring, but the motor literally grenaded, and it had to be replaced because little bits of metal from the rotating assembly ended up lodged inside the plastic intake manifold. Transmission was replaced by Aamco at 135,119, and again at 218,670 under warranty. Got receipts for both. Seats 7, 2nd and 3rd rows fold flat and make a decent sleeping platform if you’re shorter like me (5’6”). Leather seats, front seats are power-adjustable and heated, drivers seat has multiple adjustment memory settings for different drivers, and has power adjustable pedals as linked to the driver memory settings. This thing is fully loaded, has the power sunroof over the front seats, and two skylights over the middle row. Also has an OEM flip down tv screen in the ceiling with a DVD player on the back of the center console. Interior is in pretty good shape, a couple small tears and cracks in the leather here and there. Has the OEM upgraded stereo with nav and OEM optional 6 Boston Acoustics speakers and 276w amp. BUT, the screen itself is dead stereo works fine otherwise. AC and heat work great. All glass is in good shape. Paint is in good shape, only minor dings and scratches here and there. One dent in the hatch towards the top but not very noticeable. Very capable for a basically stock rig. Runs great, plenty of power for its size, and traction is never an issue.

Pros:
-In the last ~5k miles I’ve done a lot of work:
-new rear Bilstein 5100 shocks
-new rear sway bar bushings and links (will come with a new in-the-box Moog track bar not yet installed)
-all new lower control arms including bushings and ball joints
-new left front cv axle
-front 2” strut spacer lift
-hub centric 1.5” bolt on wheel spacers on all four corners
-alignment done by Clarence Brown in San Diego, same shop that my work trusts to align our ambulances and support vehicles.
-new belt, thermostat, housing, upper and lower radiator hoses
-new HPS Performance silicone heater hoses
-not as recent, but it rolls on 4 matching upsized Falken Wildpeak AT3W’s with plenty of tread, with a worn 5th matching Falken spare tire and OEM wheel (will also come with stock size spare tire and wheel that was originally under rear floorboard
-Flowmaster Super 10 muffler welded in, in place of the stock muffler. Stock cat, tailpipe and resonator still intact. Will come with old stock muffler if you want it to have welded back on yourself
-will come with a binder full of receipts and dealer documents

Cons:
-might have an internal PCM/TCM issue, every so often, maybe once every month or two I’ll go to start it up and the Jeep won’t recognize the key and occasionally says ‘service 4wd system’ on the dash. It’ll either start then shutoff because it’s in theft prevention mode or everything will light up but won’t crank when the key is turned, like it’s not recognizing that the Jeep is in gear. When this happens I take the key out, let it sit for a minute or two then try again and it’ll usually start right up like nothing happened. No CEL or stored/pending codes when it happens either. Again this very rarely happens, which is why I haven’t addressed it.
-stereo screen dead
-miscellaneous broken or cracked small plastic trim pieces and vents in interior
-LR interior door handle broken and non-functional. I have a replacement handle assembly kit but haven’t had time to install it.
A couple of the middle row seatbelt buckles are pretty worn out and sometimes can be difficult to latch.
-Typical minor hemi tick, not very noticeable
-leaks a little oil, never bothered to dig into it
-might have a small trans cooler line weep, haven’t really looked into it since the atf level has been consistently normal
-sways a little when cruising at higher speeds, likely due to the fact that the front struts are old and leaking
-will probably need brake pads and front rotors soon

I’m sure I’ve forgotten some stuff so if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.
Located in San Diego County, California. Will consider partial trades.
Asking $4,000 obo as-is.
Pics to follow

And yes this is the XK platform for all you Jeep nerds, shares a lot of parts with the WK Grand Cherokees. For now these are all the pics I got, but I’ll take some new ones in the daylight

Attachments

• IMG_0702.jpeg
    IMG_0702.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9446.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 2
  • 782F0124-3F6D-440D-A51D-A164B195148B.jpeg
    782F0124-3F6D-440D-A51D-A164B195148B.jpeg
    551.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8956.jpeg
    IMG_8956.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
My brother had this with the 4.7 and it served him well. He towed a pretty heavy boat with it, drove cross country a couple times towing a trailer, and it sounded great... Good luck with the sale!

Thanks! It’s been all over the country, I love it but I don’t really need it. Need the cash more at this point in time hah.
Realized I left out some important details when I posted that late last night.. so the tires are slightly larger than stock, 265/70r17’s on the original wheels. Dot dated 2020. As of this morning (9/17/24) it’s at 303,803 miles. Also forgot to mention that a ‘Service Tire Pressure System’ message pops up while driving sometimes, without the actual amber tpms light going off. I’ve always ignored it, probably a dying battery in one of the tpms sensors. Here’s some more pics. Some wouldn’t upload, so if you want more info or pictures please text me at 619-995-2445. I’m open to offers since the sooner I move this thing the better, but I’m really looking for either cash, or cash plus trade for an older Toyota or Lexus sedan like an MX83 Cressida maybe?

Attachments

• IMG_2432.jpeg
    IMG_2432.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2430.jpeg
    IMG_2430.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2429.jpeg
    IMG_2429.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2428.jpeg
    IMG_2428.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2426.jpeg
    IMG_2426.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2424.jpeg
    IMG_2424.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2419.jpeg
    IMG_2419.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2418.jpeg
    IMG_2418.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2433.jpeg
    IMG_2433.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
Also might trade for a Mazda Navajo plus cash. Idk why I like those things so much haha

cuz I’m dumb and like to mess with 90s JDM cars occasionally, I’d also trade for a stick shift Infiniti G20

Back