DMCMTB SENDING THE BODY AND UNLOCKING VESSELS

badlinesgoodtimes

Administrator
So our local group of buddies DMCmtb rides every Thursday Night 6pm. Generally speaking, we have 5-15 riders on any given Thursday. For those of you that are none riders, we will put together a route that's 10-15 miles or so. That's mapped out and organized on an app called Strava. Fortunately for us, tons of trails in the surroundings of Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, Agoura Hills, really all over Southern CA.

This week was a Rocky Peak loop in Simi Valley,Ca. We loaded up the bikes In Thomas' Megacab to shuttle up the Santa Susana Pass ( saving a 15 min sketchy windy 2 lane road climb )

51194049749_57e15ea00e_b.jpg

We climbed up the Rocky Peak Fire road and hit Ward's Cut, Which was a flowy single-track trail most of us hadn't ridden... some loose steep stuff and plenty of punchy climbs out of nowhere keeping us guessing turn to turn. We hit Johnson motorway down, wide super chunky unmaintained fire road through a number of gates under the 118 freeway up Schism and back down upper and lower stagecoach. Right before the end of stagecoach, Mikey took a slow digger on a sharp corner. He sent the body right in front of me, he couldn't get unclipped quick enough after his front washed out. He popped up, dusted it off and was no worse for wear. We pressed on... Crossed over Santa Susana pass rd

Got to the top of Side action. Where we quickly regrouped. Derek and Mikey were first down the trail, I followed 3rd in the train as we all dropped in..... maybe 500 ft in I come up on Mikey around a steep up and down corner stopped. At the bottom of the up-down still on the trail. I dumped the brakes and yelled to the riders coming behind. Asked Mikey if he's okay, assuming he went down... he laughs and says's "what do you think happened?" I look at him kind of puzzled??? He points down the hill into the trees, through the bushes and trees I spot the fork and bars of Derek's bike 15 ft down below. Setting my bike down, I hear Derek laughing saying. He's fine, but stuck. After getting some photos of course we helped him up.

rs=w:1280

Last edited:
quick clip of the bike recovery haha.

As you can see in the video them brakes broke. haha I still couldn't keep up with Derek on the rest of the way down.. guy is such a savage. We finished up the rest of the trail and head back to the trucks where Mikey had camp chef grill and a cooler full of burgers and sport sodas.

I ran Thomas back up the hill to get the Megacab. While Mikey got the burgers going.

As the sunset, we devoured 20 burgers between the 7 of us. Banter about Derek's crash, how rad Rocky peak is and upcoming trips, CryptoCurrency and how Chadd is a bit of a coffee snob.

All of the sudden this middle-age woman and her dog walk up....?

To paint the picture a little better we are on a road with a few houses with horse property and a trailhead on it with no street lights. She just kinda appeared out of the darkness haha. she say " Do any of you guys have AAA? I locked my keys in my truck." "Let me use your phone. " someone piped up... Where is your truck? looking down the street there were no cars for a 1/4 mile or so all the way to the stoplight. "Oh, it's in one of the horse stables near the corner."

Apparently, AAA wasn't picking up or the call wasn't going through. All of a sudden, I remembered that I found an airjack in the home depot parking lot a year or so ago. It's been in the back of my passenger seat since then for this exact moment. I checked the truck and walked back and said " we got this."

51192566352_fa593faf2d_b.jpg

We drove down and pulled into the gated yard to assist this damsel in distress. haha. There is was... OBS 97 chevy....We tried a few different pokers. My race radio antenna didn't have enough girth. (that's what she said ) The lady ended up having the perfect stick the bed of her truck haha

51194342820_c6b1c5124e_b.jpg

after some fandangling. The Air Jack and Thomas and I pulling on the door. Derek was working the stick, he hit the button...and Walla!

51193487768_fca8dee1b6_b.jpg

Needless to say, she was pretty stoked on us.

New Zones, a few crashes, burgers and sport sodas, a lock-out key recovery.

Bad Lines Good Times

Last edited:
Are you all anti E bikes? My buddy is way into MTB bikes and keeps bugging me. I have gone a few times and it is fun but riding up the hill sucks (Because Lazy). So I said how about I get an E bike and tag along. He says he will not ride with me if I get an E bike. I explained we let him tag along on his Quad instead of riding a real bike (FYI- Quad is worse then an e bike).

Are you all anti E bikes? My buddy is way into MTB bikes and keeps bugging me. I have gone a few times and it is fun but riding up the hill sucks (Because Lazy). So I said how about I get an E bike and tag along. He says he will not ride with me if I get an E bike. I explained we let him tag along on his Quad instead of riding a real bike (FYI- Quad is worse then an e bike).

As long as you are out riding you are good with me.

Ahhh yes, the great argument of Ebike vs non ebike.... sounds like a good thread topic...

Back