Dads camping trip

So we've been chatting it up about this trip. Would have been great to have this trip sooner but it looks like a Later date is a must and here are the reasons why.

'Dad attire' probably works best when it's not 30* outside. So what is everyone's thought on Late March?

So we've been chatting it up about this trip. Would have been great to have this trip sooner but it looks like a Later date is a must and here are the reasons why.

'Dad attire' probably works best when it's not 30* outside. So what is everyone's thought on Late March?
I have the week of March 25th- April 1st off for spring break. Don't plan this trip around me but I would likely be able to swing it depending on location and if it were either weekend during those dates.

I have the week of March 25th- April 1st off for spring break. Don't plan this trip around me but I would likely be able to swing it depending on location and if it were either weekend during those dates.
We're open so those dates are a solid start. I'm thinking the week of April 1st? Nice round date!

Late March is no go for me. My wife is due March 8, so April may be out too.
Bummer.

It's just hard trying to align dates with the following - Thanksgiving, New years, KOH and then???

Also was thinking it'd be best to try and plan it closer to spring so we can all wear the proper attire. Would suck it if was cold as balls.

Bummer.

It's just hard trying to align dates with the following - Thanksgiving, New years, KOH and then???

Also was thinking it'd be best to try and plan it closer to spring so we can all wear the proper attire. Would suck it if was cold as balls.
Valid points, but the colder it is, the less likely we are to have dad balls hanging out of our jorts.

Just reviving this thread. I’ve got a 2 year old that Ioves my RV and wants to go camping. Im down for a springtime trip. Father and son. Whiskey and apple juice. Im good with sand or dirt. My son just likes to go anywhere and ride in my Bronco.
Rad. This trip will be all about that. BBQ, kid focused, and a bunch of goofy dad's doing dad things.

sooooooo Ocotillo? March 31- Sunday April 2 sound good?

Plenty to check out with kids all different kinds of terrain for what ever you bring. Prerunners- Crawler - Golf Carts- Overlanderz
Just FYI, thats the weekend of the San Felipe 250.

Plenty to check out with kids all different kinds of terrain for what ever you bring. Prerunners- Crawler - Golf Carts- Overlanderz
i got nothing major planned that weekend as of right now. so, it's good for ur mawmacita! where did we decide on location wise?

I like ocotillo for that weekend. As much as I'd like to go to the San Felipe 250, Ocotillo is more realistic.

I love ocotillo, but its a strike and a half for me so I vote for High desert.....plus there are usually less yahoos to worry about if we are cruising with the kids.

I love ocotillo, but its a strike and a half for me so I vote for High desert.....plus there are usually less yahoos to worry about if we are cruising with the kids.
literally every other possibility is a strike and a half for me! haha

Yeah if you guys do Barstow or Lucerne my home/shop is less than 1 hr away to fix any dad rig's that have issues.

Yeah if you guys do Barstow or Lucerne my home/shop is less than 1 hr away to fix any dad rig's that have issues.
its okay to say you just dont want to drive any father than outside your gate. lol We dont blame you.

Back