Big Booty Judy

B8tes

Well I’ll give this a shot. Hey guys, my names logan, and this is my build Big Booty Judy. I have owned the truck for 7 years now. Bought her as a bone stock 1985 CUCV, a military K30 pick up. I have put the truck through several major over hauls in the last 7 years. I’m just a garage fabricator, constantly working on improving my skills. I grew up in the desert world, working in my dads class 5 unlimited, but wanted to hop into the rock crawling world. I have tried to build the truck as a do it all rig. Blast around the desert, crawl on the rocks in Moab and johnson valley, or multi day adventures across Baja.

Attachments

• IMG_3906.png
    IMG_3906.png
    980.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3908.png
    IMG_3908.png
    678.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3907.png
    IMG_3907.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3902.png
    IMG_3902.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3903.png
    IMG_3903.png
    796.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3904.png
    IMG_3904.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3905.png
    IMG_3905.png
    477.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3901.png
    IMG_3901.png
    751.7 KB · Views: 37
Well time to ad an update. after sending it a little to hard bud, at KOH 2024 I broke a front main leaf, destroyed my ram assist ram and turned a 1/4 wall drag link into a bendy straw. Well I think that was Judy’s was of throwing a temper tantrum. She wants links, so in the summer of 2024, judy is getting a 4 linked front end. I have also been looking into a dual ended ram hydro assist. Has anyone done this on here? I have seen a few 4500 cars with it, and a guy building a bitchin 2nd gen Cummins crawler has talked to me a little bit. IMG_5794.jpegIMG_5795.jpeg

Good choice, everything should be linked. I would probably just 3-link it with a panhard bar as the 4-link with panhard bar binding tears up joints. The double ended assist seems to work well with the right sized components, seems like there was a good thread on Irate about it along with trouble shooting some pitfalls.

Good choice, everything should be linked. I would probably just 3-link it with a panhard bar as the 4-link with panhard bar binding tears up joints. The double ended assist seems to work well with the right sized components, seems like there was a good thread on Irate about it along with trouble shooting some pitfalls.
I think I’m going to do the off-road design 4 link with panhard bar. Talked with the Watsons at KOH, Steven is getting 16”s of travel out of his truck with a bit of crossmember clearance modifications. While still keeping the truck low.

What is Irate?

ORD is legit, should work out well.

Irate is an active forum dedicated to going slow with a huge knowledge base of 4wd. Some links for a DE assist

Back